Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship | Skilled Work – Research carried out has shown that by 2024, the Canadian trucking sector will be short 48,000 long-haul truckers. This is a piece of vital information for all truck drivers reason being that it will make room for many opportunities for persons who wish to immigrate to Canada in search to earn a living. Moreover, the Canadian transportation industry continues to face high demand and employment vacancies for long-haul truck drivers. The Canadian government has also been supportive of all these development as they provide eligible foreign employees seeking work as truck drivers in the country with work visas.
Truck Driver Job Requirements in Canada (With Visa Sponsorship)
Here is all the vital information which you need in getting a truck driver job in Canada. This article will guide you on what is needed to obtain a visa sponsorship for a truck driver job being a foreigner in Canada. The following include:
- Candidates must be legally permitted to work in Canada and willing to operate in a two-person team to drive long-haul trucks.
- Heavy-duty driving expertise is a plus, but it is not essential.
- The ability to communicate in basic or functional English is necessary.
- Certificates, Licenses, memberships, courses, and other credentials will be required for this job.
- Truck driver jobs in Canada include permanent, full-time, overtime, weekend, day, night, and evening works.
- Safety and Security: Basic security clearance, criminal background check, driving record check (abstract), medical examination, and drug test are all required.
- A secondary school diploma is preferred but not essential for this position.
- A valid driver’s license (Class 1 or A) is necessary, as well as the Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
- Trucking and Equipment Types: Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, Refrigerated, Highway, Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles).
- Willing to travel during the day, evening, or night, including overnight routes, and willing to travel for long periods of time.
- The ability to drive in a convoy or as part of a two-person squad.
- You should also be able to examine the vehicle’s condition and inspect the tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment.
- Ability to plan your trip routes and schedules.
- Ability to operate and drive straight or articulated trucks for the transportation of products and supplies.
- You should have the ability to use atlases and other planning tools to help you plan your journey.
- Receive information and relay it to the central dispatcher.
- Cargo loading and unloading, tarping, and guaranteeing cargo safety and security
Top Provincial Programs in Canada for Truck Driver Jobs
Here is the rundown of the leading programs to find a truck driver job with visa sponsorship in Canada:
Employers wishing to hire truck drivers in Manitoba should use the federal Labour Market Impact Assessment for Temporary Foreign Workers process. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program only allows businesses to hire outside of the LMIA procedure provided certain criteria are met, such as recruitment efforts and compliance with provincial labor laws. For more information click on the link below
British Columbia is a provincial program for truck drivers in Canada A full-time job offer in long-haul trucking is the gold standard for candidates in British Columbia’s entry-level and semi-skilled category, which has over 400 positions on the job bank. Long-haul drivers can live in the province permanently. To learn more about immigration in British Columbia click on the link below
Newfoundland and Labrador
This is a province in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador The Labour Market Outlook 2025 report in Newfoundland and Labrador highlights truck driving as an occupation that will require significant immigration to meet job vacancy demand. For the NLPNP’s Skilled Worker and Express Entry streams, trucking companies must apply to be eligible employers.
Transport Truck Drivers (NOC 7511) are one of two target jobs in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program’s Occupations In-Demand Stream. This provides a clear road to permanent residence for drivers. You can hope to get a truck driver job with visa sponsorship in Canada, through this program.
With 837 job adverts now available, Quebec leads the way in terms of provincial opportunities for truck drivers. According to information on the Quebec government’s employment website, truck driver employment prospects are ‘excellent’ with their platform. For more information click on the link below
For people already working in Canada on a work permit, Saskatchewan Immigration has a separate Long-Haul Truck Drivers Sub-Category. The occupation also qualifies for the province’s Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand categories, which each draw targets certain occupations.
Long-haul truckers are another in-demand profession under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, with over 500 job openings on the employment bank. Both the Alberta Opportunity Stream and Alberta Express Entry are open to truck drivers.
In July 2019, the NOC code for transport truck drivers (7511) was added to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream, along with three other occupations. It means that experienced truck drivers who have a work offer in Ontario can follow a defined path to permanent residence in Canada. To learn more about immigration click on the link below
Wages for Truck Drivers in Canada
Truck drivers’ hourly salaries are now competitive with national and provincial averages. According to job bank and Statistics Canada data, the median wage of truck drivers is slightly lower than the national average, but it can soar to more than $8 over that average, to $32 per hour, in several circumstances. Wages for truck drivers are projected to climb as labor market demand rises in the future years, as is expected.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if not, leave a comment in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible
However, All rights reserved, no part of this publication and other digital contents on this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieved system, or transmitted in any form, by means of photocopy or otherwise without the consent of Hausatechs.com.