Republic of Austria Research Grant for International students 2022 – Studying at some of the best universities in Austria is really interesting. Even though public institutions in the Republic of Austria are very expensive, there are also scholarship opportunities that are open to students.
The study and research opportunities provided by the Republic of Austria Research Grant for International students develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
The Republic of Austria is glad o announce its Republic of Austria Research Grant in Austria for International students. This scholarship is open to Undergraduates, Graduates, and Postgraduates studies.
Funded by the OeAD-GmbH on behalf of and financed by the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria.
The Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria offers research scholarships for students who are descendants of forced laborers. These scholarships are given to students who come from countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime.
Grantees will be awarded 1040 euros monthly for a maximum of 4 months.
The OeAD was founded in 1961 as an association of the Austrian Rectors’ Conference with the objective of supporting international students studying in Austria. On January 1st, 2009 the association was converted into a limited liability company.
The activities of the OeAD embrace general, academic, and vocational education with an – historically grown – specific focus on academic mobility.
What You Need To Know About The Republic of Austria Research Grant
All scholarships are based on competition. This means that even in the case of the fulfillment of all the requirements there is no legal claim to the award of the scholarship.
The Research award is only granted once per category. There is no yearly renewal.
Level/Field of Study
These research grants are calling for international potential in their Undergraduate, Postgraduate, or graduate degrees, to take science research in Austria in the following areas mentioned below.
Area of Research:
- Natural Science
- Technical Science
- Human Medicine, Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
The program is to last for 1 to 4 months
Scholarships are also awarded for research timelines at some research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, the Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, and National Archive).
As an international student, you can go through this 68 Best Universities in Austria | Tuition Fees | ranking and Official Websites
International Candidates (non-Austrian) are welcome to apply for this scholarship
Monthly installment of 1.050 EUR
Accommodation: (Dormitory or Apartment). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD Housing Office for the
provision of accommodation and the rest is paid
Applicants must be descendants of forced laborers (regardless of their country of origin – or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced laborers.
Students meeting the above-mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research:
on their bachelor thesis,
on their diploma or master thesis,
or their dissertation.
No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/Ph.D. studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships, or internships.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after September 1, 1980)
for other students: 35 years (born on or after September 1, 1985)
How To Apply
To apply for this scholarship, applicants are to complete an online application on the scholarship website(link is provided below).
The following documents have to be uploaded with the Online Application:
- Fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- Two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation, no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date, and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university/department and must be no older than six months at the time of application. The letters of recommendation and the confirmation of supervision cannot be issued by the same person.
- confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences, or research institution
scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, Ph.D., or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment in a study program at a university outside Austria
- confirmation, that proves your participation in a study program (Bachelor, Master/Diploma, or Ph.D.) at your home university for descendants of forced laborers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs.
The deadline for application is September 1st, 2022.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if not, leave a comment in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible
However, All rights reserved, no part of this publication and other digital contents on this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieved system, or transmitted in any form, by means of photocopy or otherwise without the consent of Hausatechs.com.