Netherlands Fellowship Programmes for International Students at Leiden University – The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes for International Students at Leiden University is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The NFP short course scholarship period is 12 days and a maximum of 365 days.
More About Leiden University
Leiden University is one of Europe’s leading international research universities. It has seven faculties in the arts, sciences and social sciences spread over locations in Leiden and The Hague. Leiden University plays a foremost role in academic research and teaching. Leiden University is an internationally operating research-driven university with a wide range of academic disciplines and degree programmes.
These Netherlands Fellowship programmes are available for short courses.
These fellowships are awarded in the subjects of Fundamentals of International Tax and Law and Tax Treaties.
The fellowship will cover the salary that the fellow should continue to receive during the study period. The allowance is a contribution towards the costs of living, tuition fees, visas, travel, and insurance. If applicable, the fellowship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs and the costs that are covered by the fellowship.
Numbers of Scholarships:
The number of Netherlands Fellowship programmes is not given.
Scholarships can be taken in the Netherlands
Applicants must meet the following area for the fellowship:
- You are unconditionally admitted to the short course (see step 1 of the application procedure below).
- You are nominated by your employer and have an employer’s statement that complies with EP-Nuffic’s format (see step 3 of the application procedure below).
- You have an official and valid passport.
- If applicable, you must have a government statement that meets the country’s requirements in which the employer is established (see step 4 of the application procedure below).
- Applicants are not employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example multinational corporations (e.g. Shell,
- Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB) and international NGOs (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
Applicants of the following countries can apply for the Netherlands Fellowship Programmes
Afghanistan, Mali, Albania, Nepal, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Armenia, Nicaragua, Benin, Myanmar (Burma), Bolivia, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nigeria, Burkina, Faso, Peru, Burundi, Palestinian Territories, Cambodia, Philippines, Colombia, Rwanda, Cuba, Senegal, Djibouti, Somalia, DR Congo, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, South Africa, Egypt, Sudan, Ghana, South Sudan, Eritrea Surinam, India, Tanzania, Georgia, Thailand, Indonesia, Uganda, Guatemala, Zambia, Kenya, Vietnam, Jordan, Zimbabwe, Yemen, Macedonia
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a previous year’s degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online.
- A copy of your passport (or another form of identification)
- An employer’s statement
- The admission letter of the International Tax Center
- The statement of government authority (if applicable)
- Please note that your application will not be considered if one or more of these documents are missing. Each
- document can only be uploaded in PDF format and should not exceed 2 MB.
The application deadline is June/July 2022 and September/October 2022.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if not, leave a comment in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible
However, All rights reserved, no part of this publication and other digital contents on this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieved system, or transmitted in any form, by means of photocopy or otherwise without the consent of Hausatechs.com.