Law Scholarships for International Students | University of Queenslanders – they say, ignorance is not an excuse for the law, The University of Queensland is making sure that this statement is removed under the face of the earth, by providing the general public an opportunity to come and gain knowledge of the law and how it can be applied in the society in which they found themselves into
Currently, the legal profession, like so many other professions, is going through a period of transformation. For future generations of law students, this represents both a challenge and an opportunity. For this reason, the University of Queensland Law school is now offering law scholarships for international students to make their studies easy.
Basically, these competitive scholarships are awarded to exceptional international students on the basis of academic excellence and interest in a career in law. In the end, they will require students whose names were under consideration to participate in a Skype interview.
So, in order to apply for this University of Queensland Law scholarship for International students, we are making the process easy for you. On every page of the article, you will find all the necessary information you need to apply for this scholarship. So I will advise you to follow and adhere to the instructions below.
About the University of Queensland Law School
The TC Beirne Law School of the University of Queensland, founded in 1936, is the oldest law school in the Australian state of Queensland. Also, it is the sixth oldest of the 32 law schools in Australia. Currently, its alumni include two main judges in Australia.
Basically, TC Beirne School of Law helps to bring together leading national and international scholars, distinguished graduates, and legal professional leaders. So in order to provide students with an exceptional legal education that will prepare them for a wide variety of careers, both in Australia and internationally.
Proudly the oldest law school in Queensland, the TC Beirne Law School has a long and proud heritage and forms some of Australia’s best lawyers. Its objective is to achieve national and international recognition as one of the best law schools in Australia through research, education, and social responsibility.
So is the University of Queensland Law School right for you? Only you can be sure. But by choosing the University of Queensland Law School you will undoubtedly join a supportive community at the forefront of teaching and research worldwide.
More About University of Queensland Law Scholarships
The University of Queensland Law School offers scholarships to exceptional international students. Basically, those who are seeking admission into either the undergraduate Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/(LLB (Hons)) or the dual degree programs that include the LLB (Hons). For this reason, they encourage high-performance students to apply.
These competitive scholarships are awarded to exceptional international students on the basis of academic excellence and interest in a career in law. Students shortlisted for the exam may be required to participate in a Skype interview. Decisions will be taken as soon as possible after the closing date.
Also, students must submit a separate application for international UQ admissions to the bachelor’s degree (with distinction) or for double degree programs.
Above all, they are offering two law scholarships to international students. The first scholarship covers 25% of tuition fees and the second scholarship will cover 50% of tuition fees.
That is for LAWS courses taken as part of the approved law program. Scholarships do not include living expenses, travel expenses, medical insurance abroad, or fees for services and amenities for students.
Level of Study for the University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022
This University of Queensland Law Scholarships is basically for International Undergraduate Students. Though there are other scholarships for Master’s students.
presently, they are offering two scholarships each year on the recommendation of the Head.
The value of the scholarships is:
- one scholarship that covers 50% of tuition fees, for courses that will be accredited for the LLB (Hons) component of an approved program, every semester for the duration of the diploma.
- another scholarship that covers 25% of tuition fees, for courses that will be accredited for the LLB (Hons) component of a program approved by the program, each semester for the duration of the diploma.
- The scholarships do not include living expenses, travel expenses, overseas health cover, or the Student Services and Amenities Fee. They intend to pay the tuition fees in two installments (one in semester one, and one in semester two).
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the Law Scholarships for International Students 2022?
- An applicant is eligible for the Scholarship if the applicant:
- International students who have applied for the law degree program and have not yet started at UQ.
- Submits an application by the closing date in the format prescribed by the Head; and
- Students should not have a similar scholarship simultaneously.
- It does not hold another scholarship that the Head considers to be similar.
This scholarship only exists at the University of Queensland, Australia, and must be a prospective member of their Law school.
Basically, this University of Queensland Law Scholarships is for only International Students.
Selection Process for the University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022
- The Head will establish a Scholarship Committee comprising:-
- the Head, or nominee, as chair of the committee; and
- the Chair, TC Beirne School of Law Teaching & Learning Committee or nominee;
- one other staff member of the TC Beirne School of Law.
- The Scholarship will be awarded to the applicant showing the greatest merit as demonstrated by:
- academic achievements; and
- references; and
- the applicant’s interest in studying and pursuing a career in law; and
- any other matter the Scholarship Committee considers relevant.
Conditions for Scholarship
The award of the scholarship is conditional upon the student enrolling in an approved program at the University of Queensland.
- The recipient may hold the scholarship subject to:
- maintaining enrolment in an Approved Program; and
- achieving a minimum GPA of at least 4.5 in courses, that will be credited towards the LLB(Hons) component of an approved program, each year in which the Scholarship is held; and
- not be in receipt of another scholarship considered similar by the Head.
- If the recipient fails to satisfy the rule above, the recipient must show cause to the Head why the scholarship should not be canceled.
How to Apply for the Law Scholarships for International Students 2022?
To apply, students must first complete an application for a place at UQ.
Once you have an existing application with UQ or have received an offer, you can apply for a scholarship by completing an application form together with the following supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official academic transcript/s
A personal statement outlining why you want a career in law
Two reference letters
Evidence of English proficiency (e.g. IELTS)
Incomplete or late scholarship applications will not be considered.
The Scholarship Committee will meet as soon as practicable after the closing date and applicants will be notified of the outcome in writing.
Any offer of a scholarship is made subject to the approval of the candidate’s enrolment in an approved law program at The University of Queensland.
Law Scholarships for International Students Deadline
This scholarship is available to students who begin in semester 1 and semester 2. The deadline for students who begin in the 1st semester is October 30. The deadline for students beginning in 2ndsemester is May 15.
Deadline for 1st Semester
15 MAY 2022
2nd Semester Deadline
30 OCT 2022
However, All rights reserved, no part of this publication and other digital contents on this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieved system, or transmitted in any form, by means of photocopy or otherwise without the consent of Hausatechs.com.