International UBC Future Forests Fellowships in Canada – The University of British Columbia is pleased to announce the availability of Future Forests Fellowships for both domestic and international students.
Fellowships are awarded to Undertake doctoral studies at UBC Forestry for the course beginning in September 2021.
This program is aimed at attracting and retaining world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
More About the University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia is a global center for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo.
Level/Field of Study
Fellowships are available for pursuing a Ph.D. program in one of the following areas: Forest Products Biotechnology – Bioenergy – Forest Genomics – Climate Change – Urban Forestry – Forest Management – Conservation – Forested Landscapes – Salmon Ecology – Forest Health – Forests and Indigenous Peoples – Forests and Human Health.
The scholarship program is been hosted in Canada. If you are an international student and you wish to study in Canada, this is your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
In this scholarship, both domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
The scholarship has a benefit of $70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Must be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree.
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full-time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning in September 2021 (a completed application to the Forestry Ph.D. program September 2021 intake is part of the documentation required for applying to the Future Forests Fellowship).
To receive funding, the successful recipient of the Future Forests Fellowship must:
- Remain enrolled as a full-time student in the UBC Forestry doctoral program and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress documented through annual progress reports;
- Not hold any other awards from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a previous degree.
- Test Requirement: University does not require a GRE score.
- English Language Requirement:
- The minimum TOEFL internet-based score required for a Forestry graduate program application is 100, with a minimum score in each component: Reading – 23; Writing – 24; Listening – 23; Speaking – 22.
- For IELTS, a minimum overall band score of 7.0 is required, with a minimum score of 6.5 in each component of the academic (NOT general) test.
A complete Ph.D., MSc, or MASc application file includes the following items. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their online application and all supporting documents (including official language test scores if applicable) are received by the deadline date.
- Secure the interest of a prospective supervisor
- Complete the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies online application package
- Scanned copies of official transcripts
- Three (3) References
- English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Program Start Date Application Deadline
Summer Term (May) November 15
Fall Term (September) March 15
Winter Term (January) July 15
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if not, leave a comment in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible
However, All rights reserved, no part of this publication and other digital contents on this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieved system, or transmitted in any form, by means of photocopy or otherwise without the consent of Hausatechs.com.