Front End Developer Intern Role (16 months) Available in Canada
Website design is the area of expertise for front end developers, who are computer programmers. The responsibilities of a front end developer include choosing the layout and structure of online pages, achieving a balance between functionality and aesthetics, and making sure web design is mobile-friendly.
Full Job Description
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
Start date for this position is May 2023 (16 months) – Markham, ON
When working in this abstract, fast pace and continuously changing tech world, resilience, commitment, and curiosity serve as the foundation for success as an IBM Developer.
You will participate in many aspects of the software development lifecycle, such as design, code implementation, testing, and support. You will work to create software that is of high quality and meets our clients’ needs. You will also have the opportunity to become a contributor within Open Source communities across multiple disciplines.
In your role, you will be supported by mentors and coaches who will encourage you to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground-breaking impact for the wider business, our external clients, & their customers. Our culture of flexibility and freedom are pillars that embrace long-term career growth and learning opportunities in an environment that highlights your unique skills and experience.
As a Front End Developer intern, you will:
- Build responsive, elegant and engaging experiences with future friendly web technologies.
- Work closely with designers to take wireframes from conception to implementation, design and improve user interfaces
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- At the nexus of engineering and design, you will be instrumental in bringing industry-defining software products, cloud services and web applications to users around the world.
Front End Developer Intern Role (16 months) Available in Canada
Who You Are:
- Highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- Thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Great at solving problems, troubleshooting, designing, and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- Have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
- Have the ability to learn new skills quickly and use the skills efficiently.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have basic knowledge in one or more of the following technology areas: Node.js, React, Vue, Angular
- Familiarity with automation testing framework
- Must be eligible to work 16 months starting in May 2023
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have minimum 3 months experience in UI frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue, etc.
- Must have minimum 3 months experience in web development using HTML and CSS
- Registered in a formal co-op/internship program
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units to work on the technology that is solving our most challenging problems and changing the way the world thinks.
Read Also:- How to Apply for Scholarships in Canada for International Students
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US-sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
i want to work in Canada i can talk english good i have bacaloriat economic