PEO International Peace Scholarship is a need base scholarship program established to provide financial assistance to women from outside the United States and Canada who are seeking advanced degrees from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada.
The PEO International fund will provide scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
- Host Country: USA | Canada
- Study Abroad: Study in USA | Study in Canada
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Grant – $12,500
- Deadline: December 15, 2022
The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program that provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
APPLY: 2023 PEO International Peace Scholarship for Women to Study in USA and Canada
The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses.
- The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to women from outside the United States and Canada who are seeking advanced degrees from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada with the expectation that students will return to their home countries to utilize their education to make a positive impact and foster global peace.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.