2000+ Australia Scholarships Awards for African Students With 3rd Class – The main purpose of any scholarship is to provide additional funding to students for receiving their postsecondary education. The Australian Government is a vulnerable people who provide loans for education payments. They may also use the costs for such education-related purposes as books, course materials, and tuition.
Are you a graduate who thinks that all hope is lost because you came out with 3rd class? and are afraid to pursue a graduate degree? panic, not all hope is not lost. The Australia Awards Scholarships grants over 2000 scholarships to African students with 3rd class.
There are two categories of Award: Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at the Master’s level and Australia Awards Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
More About Australia Awards Scholarships
The Australia Awards is the base of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for African countries. It renders access to postgraduate education, training, and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries.
The stability, security, and prosperity of sub-Saharan Africa are of national interest to Australia. African countries are of global economic and political importance for global economic growth, agricultural productivity, food security, and international security. Many African economies are thriving and are increasingly providing Australia with opportunities for trade and investment-related development gains.
However, Australia’s development aid is carefully designed to maximize its impact by creating visible added value, deepening commitment, and maintaining flexibility and responsiveness in selected areas of expertise. Also, the Australian Awards will be presented to a select number of priority countries according to the geographical and sectoral nature of Australian involvement in Africa.
On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Level/Field of Study:
The scholarship is for African students who wish to undertake master-taught degrees and short courses at an Australian university.
Field of study:
Offer to study in Australian universities ranges across the following fields of study. Priority Fields (varies by African country)
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, and international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining-related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads, and Airports Management)
How Much is the Australia Awards Scholarship for African Students Worth?
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is a Fully Funded Scholarship. These opportunities have value that includes a full tuition waiver, accommodation, and other expenses paid. Guess what, over 2000 scholarships are available
Australia Awards Scholarships
Entitlements include the following:
- The full costs of tuition fees for up to two years
- An economy class flight to and from Australia. Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- An approximate annual stipend of AUD30,000 to cover living expenses while in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which covers basic medical costs
- A once-off Establishment Allowance of AUD5,000 to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing the course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items, etc.)
Scholars, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare allowing them to travel home, midway through the course. This is only available to scholars whose course is for two years or longer.
Short Course Awards
Entitlements include the following:
The full costs of tuition fees for the duration of the course
- Mobilization travel from the home country to the course delivery location(s), and return to the home country Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- Visa expenses
- A modest per diem
- Medical insurance for the duration of the short course.
- To be taken in(Country):
The Scholarship has made it easy for both students in Africa to participate without actually coming to Australia to write the exams. All scholarships are taken in African or Australian Universities.
Eligible Countries for the Australia Awards 2022:
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is one of the most trusted opportunities from Australia to the African continent. If your country appears on the list, congratulations.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo(Republic of), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, etc
RELATED: Australia Awards Scholarships | Apply Now
Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Mauritania, Niger, North Sudan, Republic of Guinea, South Sudan
Australia Awards Scholarships Requirements
- You must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post-graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- Must possess a minimum of Bachelors’s degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with the Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- The public sector, the private sector, and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) when they apply.
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for AustraliaAwards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook.
Australian Award Application Form/Procedure:
You can begin the application by clicking on Online Application and get more details by clicking the
The Scholarship is offered annually and the deadline for the scholarship is December and March of the academic year. Application deadline for Masters: The Scholarships open every September 1st and December 1st
Please bear in mind that Hausatechs does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you with information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.
However, All rights reserved, no part of this publication and other digital contents on this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieved system, or transmitted in any form, by means of photocopy or otherwise without the consent of Hausatechs.com.